All students at Lister Community School are expected to wear the school uniform as per the details below.
Fashion Stop: 138 High Street North, East Ham, E6 2 HT
Phone: 020 8552 3200
All uniform other than school blazers, jumpers and ties, as well as PE kit can be purchased from any suitable clothing supplier.
Blazers pricing: from £35.00 to £45.00, dependent on size required
Jumpers pricing: from £18.00 to £20.00 dependent on size required
School ties: £7.00
Lister Community School sports kit is compulsory for all PE lessons must also be purchased from the school PE kit supplier.
Uniform for Senior Student Leaders only
- Charcoal Grey Business Suit
- Long or short sleeved white shirt with collar (not polo shirts)
- House coloured tie
Uniform for all students in years 7 to 11
- The blazer must have the school logo and applicable house colour piping at the lapel.
- This is the only jacket that can be worn around the school and on school trips (weather permitting).
- Sweatshirts, cardigans, hooded tops or tops with writing will not be acceptable.
- The school uniform can be worn without the jumper in warm weather.
- The shirt collar must be seen at all times.
- Polo-shirts cannot be worn, other than in PE.
- Ties in house colours, with school logo, must be tied and worn properly at all times.
- Students must not behave inappropriately with ties or without regard for their or other students’ safety.
- Smart skirts and trousers must be plain black and must not have excessively visible buckles, studs, logos, embroidery etc.
- Skirts must be knee length or longer, but must not be too long (i.e. past the ankle).
- Skirts must be one layer only.
- Jeans, jogging bottoms, leggings or shorts must not be worn as part of, or underneath, the school uniform.
- Any belt worn with skirts and trousers must be black.
- If worn, headscarves must be in the compulsory style of black, plain with no embroidery, tassels or other decoration.
- Shoes must be sensible and safe for school. Heels should not exceed 3cm.
- Footwear must have closed in toes and should not be backless.
- Footwear must not have excessive decoration (jewels, buckles, tassels, logos etc.) or have coloured laces.
- Socks must be plain black. Black knitted tights may be worn; they must not be patterned, lacy, sheer or different colours.
- Students must leave outdoor coats and any other non-uniform items in their lockers.
- Hats and caps must not be worn inside the school at any time. Black woolen hats can be worn in the playground at break times.
- Students may wear one pair of small discreet earrings (in pierced ears) and a watch. Earrings must not exceed the size of a 5p piece
- Bracelets and ankle chains should not be worn to school
- The school will not take responsibility for jewellery worn to school
- Black school bags must be large and practical enough to hold required equipment and school books (including A4 size).
- Purses and wallets should be stored securely.
- Lanyards must be worn at all times. Lanyards are of grey colour and should indicate the correct year group.
- ID cards must be worn at all times. These are an important form of identification and are linked to student’s parent pay accounts.
- Lost, damaged or defaced items must be replaced. Replacement of items requires a payment on parent pay account of £2.50 for a replacement lanyard, and £2.50 for a replacement ID card.
- White polo shirt (boys & girls) [with or without school logo]
- Plain, black shorts (boys & girls) or plain, black tracksuit bottoms (girls only)
- OPTIONAL (in cold weather): House-coloured rugby shirt (boys) or black fleece (girls)
- Hoodies are NOT to be worn at any time whilst on the school site