Our Trust and School Policies
As Newham Community Learning, we have a number of Trust policies which apply to all schools across the Trust. These are regularly reviewed and updated, and are then published on the Policies Page of the Trust website.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Safer Recruitment
- Equality Objectives
- Behaviour Principles
- Unacceptable Behaviour for Visitors
- Suspension and Permanent Exclusions
- RSHE Principles
- Supporting Children with Health Needs who Cannot Attend School
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions
- First Aid
- Risk Management
- Declaring Business Interests
- Conflicts of Interest
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Data Protection
- Model Publication Scheme
- School Information Guide
- Freedom of Information
- Early Career Framework for Teachers
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Modern Slavery
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
In addition, at Lister Community School, we have a set of school policies which we regularly review and update. A number of these are required by law; others we have developed in order to ensure that our processes and procedures in all areas of school life are clear and are understood by all.
Our policies ensure that we have a robust way of maintaining and improving the high standards that we set ourselves and our children. Furthermore, they provide all our stakeholders with a ‘road-map’ through which to access information about school life. Fundamentally, they support our vision of being a learning community for all. Key school policies are available via the links in the listing below, or via the links in the statements below.
School statutory policies and links to relevant pages
- Lister Community School – Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policy – 2023-24
- Lister Community School – Early Career Teacher Induction – 2022
- Lister Community School – Prevent Risk Assessment – 2023-24
- Lister Community School – PSHRE Policy – 2023-24
Detailed information about how we support our SEND students, including our Local Offer and our Annual Report can be found on the Inclusion Page.
Our careers guidance and Provider Access Statement are available on the Careers Page.
School non statutory policies and links to relevant pages
- Lister Community School – Home Learning Policy – 2021
- Lister Community School – Mental Wellbeing Policy – 2023
- Lister Community School – Online Safety Policy – 2023
- Lister Community School – Educational Visits Policy – 2022
- Lister Community School – Remote Learning: Information for Parents and Carers – 2023
Our pupil attendance policy and protocols can be found on the Attendance and Punctuality Page.
Information regarding our assessment and exams protocols are available on the Exams and Assessments Page.